A New Twist on an Old Favorite: Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes with Browned Butter and Toasted Marshmallows
The holidays are here! As the children finish off the last few pieces of their treasured Halloween candy, we sit down to plan out the Thanksgiving menu.
Of course, a few of the old family favorites are a must, and it won’t be Thanksgiving without a turkey and a pumpkin pie; but it’s also fun to mix it up a bit. For a new twist on an old favorite, try these Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes with Browned Butter and Toasted Marshmallows from AllRecipes.com.
1 tbs. olive oil
4 sweet potatoes
¼ cup unsalted butter
1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
½ tsp. salt
1 pinch cayenne pepper
ground black pepper
1 cup mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Coat the outside of each sweet potato with olive oil, and sprinkle with sea salt. Place potatoes on the baking sheet.
- Bake about 50 to 60 minutes or until the potato is soft enough for a knife to cut through easily.
- Let potatoes cool about 10 or 15 minutes.
- While potatoes are cooling, melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat for about 5 to 8 minutes, or until it is brown and smells nutty.
- Slice potatoes in half lengthwise, and scoop the inside into a large bowl.
- Add the butter, cream cheese, ½ tsp. salt, cayenne pepper, and black pepper. Mash with a potato masher until the mixture is smooth.
- Spoon mixture back into sweet potato skins, and top each with mini marshmallows. Place potatoes back on the baking sheet.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until potatoes are warm and marshmallows are toasted.
Don’t forget, you can make the most of your Black Friday shopping by upgrading your kitchen with an exclusive appliance package deal from Elite Appliance.
Three of the top brands in the kitchen appliance market – Viking, Bertazzoni, and KitchenAid – are all offering extensive special deals for shoppers looking to re-imagine their kitchens. For those just looking to replace one outdated appliance, Elite Appliance has several special deals on individual appliances as well.
The Elite Appliance Black Friday Event starts November 27th and runs through November 30th!
Krista Franks Brock is a Dallas resident and freelance writer who enjoys writing about a wide variety of topics from cooking and home design to the mortgage industry. When she’s not writing, she’s often either experimenting in the kitchen or pursuing artistic endeavors such as painting, sewing and jewelry-making.
Ready or not, here they come…The holidays are here and along with them: Black Friday Deals! So while it’s almost time to “Deck the Halls,” how about we deck the kitchen first?
Instead of heading out before dawn to wait in line for a few dollars of savings on the latest electronic gadget, make the most of your Black Friday shopping by upgrading your kitchen with an exclusive appliance package deal from Elite Appliance.
Viking is approaching the 20th Anniversary from the original launch date of the VGIC all gas open burner range! The anniversary edition is built off of the popular VGCC oven platform, with the classic open burner design.
The newly re-launched VGIC53014BSS features:
- 4 Commercial Grade Stainless Steel 15,000 BTU Open Burners with porcelain/cast iron caps and automatic ignition and reignition
- Exclusive VariSimmer setting for all burners
- Removable porcelain burner bowls for ease-of-cleaning
- Large 4.0 Oven Capacity with six cooking modes
- Three heavy-duty racks with six rack positions
Within the last decade there’s been a renewed desire in home cooking, and home chefs want commercial quality in their kitchen appliances. Viking Appliances fulfills these needs without breaking budgets. Viking refrigerators are premium appliances with a litany of features that rival the most popular mass market refrigerators.
No matter what your refrigeration specifications are (size, model type, finish, etc.), the Viking Professional Line can meet your needs.
No matter where in the kitchen your cooking surface is, Viking’s Professional Ventilation Hoods will exhaust the odor of cooking. Like all Viking products, ventilation hoods offer professional grade performance for your home. Viking makes a number of styles of hoods that including the Wall & Island hoods.
The Professional Series by Viking lets you choose from a number of styles ranging in width size from 24-inches to 66-inches and heights from 10-inches to 24-inches and has contemporary but simple designs that blend with any kitchen décor. An added feature in the 10-inch hoods is that they also have commercial type baffle filter system to take grease and heated odors out of the kitchen air.
And coupled with the Viking Unlimited Sales Event (through December 31, 2015), Elite Appliance will help making the decision to bring a beautiful Viking kitchen into your home even easier!
Labor Day marks the beginning of the end for Summer – Back to school is in full swing and the heat is dwindling. But if you’re not quite ready to stop savoring that summer vacation feeling, we can help you hold on to it for just a little longer.
Head over to Elite Appliance’s Labor Day Event going now on through Monday!
For the final entry in the Summer Showcase Series, we’re giving you one last quick and easy recipe to use with your new Viking refrigerator!
With ample capacity, modern European features and smart dual compressor design, the Liebherr CS2602 french door refrigerator is a fine entry in the premium refrigerator market.
Continue reading →
Your next great refrigerator of the Summer Showcase Series is here! Here’s a quick and simple cold recipe to add to all your Summer parties dedicated to showing off your new kitchen!
It’s time to leave the heat outside where it belongs! Keep your next delicious Summer Showcase Series recipe cool with the Liebeherr CS2062!